1:1 – called – beloved in – and kept for – fascinating.
1:4 – interesting reference to his own brother.
1:8-14 – quite a description of their lifestyle and quite a good quoted denouncement of it for what it is – empty. Also a good description of a lot of the empty lifestyle that passes itself off today as "modern".
1:10 – reviling what they don't understand – let God do the putdowns and keep on digging (Michael was burying Moses body when the devil tried to claim the body – a legend from Enoch).
1:18-19 – the root of divisions – worldly people devoid of the spirit – scoffing and following their own passions.
1:20-23 – on hanging in till the Messiah comes
- build yourselves up on your most holy faith
- pray in the Holy Spirit
- keep yourselves in the love of God
- wait for the mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life
- convince some, who doubt.
- Save some, by snatching them out of the fire.
- On some have mercy with fear, hating even the ground spotted with the flesh (text uncertain)
1:24f – beautiful benediction – God our Saviour through Jesus Christ our Lord.